TOUR IN A FEW WORDS
the key information
The most important sights for a quick overview.
EXPLORE JULIAN ALPS
ENJOY CLEAR WATERS
CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP
ITINERARY OF THE TOUR
DAY 1, SUNDAY - warm up ride with spectacular scenery
After exploring Ljubljana on your own meet your guide in Ljubljana in the morning, transfer into the heart of the Julian alps where we will enjoy our first ride in the area of Kranjska Gora. We are going to explore pristine alpine lakes in its surroundings. Natural reserve Zelenci, world famous Nordic Centre in Planica and Kranjska Gora – known as the St. Moritz of Slovenia. We will finish our day on the terrace at Jasna lakes overlooking Mt. Prisank.
DAY 2, MONDAY – flavours of Italy
This ride takes us to Italy. Cycling on a rail to trail bike path pass the town of Tarvisio. Crossing open borders of today’s Europe and enjoying an intersection of three cultures along the ride. Narrow Val Canale valley will take us from the rigid alpine peaks towards the mellow flat lands of Friuli Venezia Guilia. Our bike path is following an ancient roman road towards the Adriatic.
At the end of the ride our shuttle will be waiting to bring us from mediaval town of Venzone back to Kranjska Gora or you can extend your ride back to the hotel.
DAY 3, TUESDAY – Triglav National Park and lake Bled
Cycling down the valleys from Kranjska Gora trough the cradle of world class alpinism in Mojstrana and enchanted forests of Triglav National Park along Radovna valley will bring us to one of the top destinations in Slovenia. Lake Bled. It’s torquise waters are so inviting. But you will have time explore the pilgrimage site on the island or the Medieval castle sitting on the rock above the lake.
Afternoon shuttle back to hotel in Kranjska Gora. Or you can take a bike loop to get back to hotel.
DAY 4, WEDNESDAY - alpine pass Vršič with Soča valley
Morning shuttle to the top of the highest road pass in Slovenia. Or you can challenge yourself with a climb of the week on your bike. On the top of Vršič pass you will find yourself embraced by the mountains. Real alps at it’s closest. From the top we will descend to the Soča valley. Stopping along the way for river attractions, spectacular views and learning about farmers live in the remote valley of Slovenia.
We will finish our ride after lunch in Bovec. A shuttle along the Soča river to our hotel in Goriška Brda.
DAY 5, THURSDAY - exploring vineyards in Slovenia and gelato in Italy
Brda or Colllio are known for great food and wine. We will explore vineyards on both sides of the border. Riding trough vineyards and small towns of the Collio region. Let’s stop for a good glass of vine or a great scoop of gelato in one of the towns along the way.
DAY 6, FRIDAY – prosciutto land and world class caves of Postojna
A short shuttle in the morning will bring us to Štanjel. After exploring this stone made Karts village we will ride trough the homeland of Teran and prosciutto. Let’s stop briefly to explore Pliskovic. Over the land of rolling hills we will make it all the way to Lipica. Home to the Lipizzaner horses. A short brake on the stud farm and then we continue for our lunch in Lokev.
After lunch we shuttle to UNESCO-listed Škocjan caves for the visit of Slovenia’s underground. After the caves we continue to Ljubljana for a farewell dinner. Overnight in Ljubljana.
– ACCOMODATION; 6 nights accommodation in (small / family-run) 4-star hotels; luggage transfer, Gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service
– MEALS; carefully selected eateries / restaurants varying from domestic to gourmet Michelin-star-likes; 6 dinners, 5 lunches, 6 breakfasts; glass of wine at dinner; tap water and sparkling water at every course
– SUPPORT; vehicle support; experienced bilingual local guides; refreshments and snacks during the ride; Ride with GPS; morning brief of the daily route
– EQUIPMENT; wide selection of bikes – road, hybrid, e-bike; helmets; water bottle; bike bags
– NOT INCLUDED; airfare; travel and cancelation insurance; gratuities for BEST guides
– ROAD BIKE
– HYBRID BIKE
– ELECTRIC BIKE
– HOTEL 4* KRANJSKA GORA
– HOTEL 4* ŠMARTNO
– HOTEL 4+ LJUBLJANA
– EXPERIENCE SLOVENIA WITH LOCALS; In order to really know a place, you have to know its people, its culture, its language and its history. We decided to organize our trips with help of local people. Not only local guides, you also get to meet many other locals along the way – from local farmers, renowned winemakers to world-class chefs. Everyone has a story to tell and it’s nice to hear them all!
– CULINARY DELIGHTS ALL TRIP LONG; Over the years Slovenia has become one of Europe’s best food and wine destinations, known for fresh-organic-bio-eco fusion of Mediterranean-Alpine-Pannonian-Balkan cusine and World-class Wines made by one of 24.000 winegrowers of Slovenia. An outstanding experience which by now has landed on bucket lists of every tourist that visits Slovenia. And we make sure your taste buds are treated the best possible way. Michelin Guide just recently discovered our hidden gem. A number of restaurants is now listed in their guide book. And we will take you to places that could easily be on their list.
– BEST CYCLING ROUTES SELECTED; Having grown up in the area surrounded with high mountains, abundance of rivers and off-beaten trails, we know every stone on the way to make your stay in Slovenia splendid. In the past years we have cycled on every road in Slovenia and we selected the best back roads and dedicated cycling trails for you to ride on. Enjoy our planned routes and discover best parts of our country.
– HIGHLY EXPERIENCED LOCAL GUIDES; Whether you are interested in history, architecture, food and wine or you want to learn how to cycle properly, Bike Experience Slovenia Tours has you covered! We are ready to take you around, for the entire cycling week or just a day during your trip to Slovenia. Inspired by the country of origin, the people we had met and the all the places we have seen, we set out on a mission to bring the natural beauty, culture, food and wine, arts and crafts, superstitions and believes, and most important the invigorating welcome to Slovenia to tourist seeking for something pristine and untouched. Different types of trips keep us always motivated to stay creative. Our passion shows in variety of approaches. With us you can do cycling tours, tailor made trips, culinary trips or other outdoor activities and you will always enjoy since because we simply love what we do. Today we work in different fields, offering cycling tours, tailor-made day trips, holiday programs and outdoor adventures. The passion in spreading the word of Slovenia has even grown and it does not seems to fade anytime soon.
– SMALL GROUPS; We all love to travel but most of us prefer to be treated individually. Smaller groups are more flexible, allowing us to cover more ground in a shorter amount of time, add the ability to create tighter bonds with our fellow travelers. It doesn’t take long to understand why small groups are the preferred option for organized tours. If you’re looking to travel as part of small group we are the right company as we do a great job of keeping the size of the groups small – we cap the number at 12 people per group. We are confident small groups are a perfect solution for adventurous and active trips and this way guides can make sure every traveler receives sufficient amount of attention and therefore make the trip even more unforgettable.
– BEST VALUE FOR MONEY; We know that the best way to enjoy a vacation is to not need to think about anything. We will cover every angle, provide every service necessary and make sure that your vacation will be worry – free and all about having a great time in Slovenia! We work hand in hand with local vendors and this way we allow us lower fees agains bigger players that work through middle man. First and foremost, we support local community.
READY TO BOOK?
check out the avability below
frequently asked questions
HOW DO I RESERVE A TOUR WITH BEST?
Please use online form to book a trip with BEST or send us inquire email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE DO I GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR?
Please browse our web page for general information, if you haven’t found what you were looking for, please feel free to reach out to us. Please send us an email with additional questions you might have. We will be glad to go through all details.
Would you prefer to reach us on the phone – let’s arrange a call (viber, whatsapp or zoom).
DOES BEST RECOMMEND TRAVEL INSURANCE?
We wish for every tour client to attend and complete the tour of their choice. In an effort to plan for unexpected health issues, personal emergencies, weather and transportation problems or pandemic reasons that might cause you to cancel or shorten your trip, travel insurance is strongly advised.
WHO ARE TOURS DESIGNED FOR?
Tours are designed to match general population. People of all age and fitness come to participate in our tour. Participants ride all kinds of bikes (one can choose road, hybrid and electric bike from our roster), and skill levels vary. Most clients come to see new things, meet new people, learn about history, enjoy divine cuisine and challenge themselves riding.
WHAT KIND OF RIDING CONDITIONS CAN ONE EXPECT?
Most of the routes are through rural Slovenian countryside. We select our routes to avoid high traffic areas when possible, though sometimes routes will intentionally lead you through small town where one can stop, sit by the table on the sidewalk and enjoy coffee. You may ride in rain or in brilliant sunshine and most likely one will experience headwinds and tailwinds during a tour.
DO WE CYCLE IN RAIN?
Should you not like to ride in rain, please inform your tour leader and see if you can ride with the luggage transfer. Sometimes additional vehicle should be arranged – you would be responsible for additional costs.
HOW DO I NAVIGATE ON THE TRIP?
On our bike trips, we include two main navigation methods:
- RIDE WITH GPS / KOMOOT. Route map one needs to upload to smartphone and use it within application – smartphone is a must have;
- every client receives a roadbook with detailed step-by-step navigation.
WHAT TYPE OF BIKES ARE AVAILABLE TO RENT?
The types of bikes available differ. All bikes are high quality, well-maintained in a full range of sizes and with a wide gear range to help you on any climb. We have hybrid bikes, e-bikes, race bikes available. Please contact us if you are looking for a certain type of bike
WHAT IS MAXIMUM GROUP SIZE?
Our group size is never more than 13 riders. This allows us to give you personalized service, and the best tour experience possible.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM GROUP SIZE?
Your trip will run even for two people.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TOUR?
We recommend you give yourself few weeks before the trip start to recover and sit comfortably. It is important to start early (few weeks before the tour), build gradually (slowly build long range rides), spice it up (sometimes choose different terrain, steep hills, windy roads or long sustainable climbs) and you can do all kinds of other sports to stay in shape. This way you should be ready and your bike tour will be hassle-free.
WHAT IS SINGLE SUPPLEMENT?
The single supplement is for riders that are traveling alone and prefer a room to themselves.
HOW MUCH DO I PAY IN ADVANCE AND WHAT IS CANCELLATION POLICY?
Please read more in our terms and conditions.
ARE TIPS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
Gratuities for most services during your trip (except your Trip Leaders) are included in the price.
HOW DO YOUR LEADER SUPPORT THE TOUR?
One leader drives the support van, sweeping the route several times during the day and providing lifts and assistance if needed. Another leader rides the route, roving between groups traveling at different speeds.
what our clients have to say
" It was really great fun and can be quite full of adrenaline if you choose to go fast. We went to the cottage in the valley by day so we could see beautiful scenery of the mountains and returned by night with the lights. Matija is nice and experienced, I highly recommend it! "
"We did a tour from Kranjska Gora to Tamar and back and it was awesome. Matija is an experienced guide who took care of everything, bikes, lights, helmets, good spirit... I would for sure do it again and would also recommend it to anyone. At least some level of fitness is required if you want to enjoy the experience."
"It was a great experience from start to finish! Tamar was really beautiful in the evening light, so i recommend to visit it this way. Overall, a great time with friends and a must try!"
Phone: +386 40 438 363
BESTours, turistična agencija, d.o.o.
Cesta železarjev 8
4270 Jesenice, Slovenija, EU
Terms and conditions